Ok, I have been trying to make this post all day. Every time I get a few words down, it’s either time for tests or Grace is hungry (which is a good thing because she has barley eaten the last 3 days) Or the information changes. LOL I think we are done with tests for the night and Grace seems to be happy watching the Tinker Bell Movie.
So today she had a chest X-Ray, an Echocardiogram, an EKG, blood work and finally had her pacemaker interrogated. The first thing I heard is that the surgeon, Dr. Azakie, wants to postpone the surgery one day so that they can keep an eye on her for one more day because of the cold. Then we saw the pacemaker specialist Dr. Tanel. He made some adjustments to the pacemaker settings and was able to get it to work. He wants to watch her over night and see if the new settings work. His hope is that he can get the pacemaker to work good enough to send us home and reschedule the surgery for when the cold is gone. So it looks like we could go home tomorrow and go through all of this again in a week or so. Oh Joy! Sounds like a fun way to spend Spring Break.
Grace is doing ok. Her cold is SO much better than it was on Saturday. She hates all of the tests but is in good spirits between them.
I am doing ok. I haven’t really gotten any breaks today so i am really hoping she falls asleep early tonight. Although sleeping in chair in a loud hospital room with two newborn babies is not going to be very restful.
The cell phone reception in this room is really bad. Sorry Chaundra and Dad. Dave’s not here tonight so I can’t really leave to make phone calls until Grace is asleep and I don’t see that happening anytime soon. I will try to update the blog as often as I can though.

2 comments:
Hey Jackie,
I have been meaning to email you, and let you know that we have been praying for you guys. Grace has been on my heart very often these past few days.
My continued prayers for the whole family as you have to go through the trials of hospital life and watching your baby girl endure procedures again. We pray for things to go smoothly and quickly this time around.
You are one strong Mama!!
Much love,
the Nelsons
thank you for the update, Jackie. thinking about you and praying for your little Grace.
Post a Comment