Monday, April 26, 2010

TWO POSTS IN ONE TODAY

I finally had some and energy to do some digital scrapbooking.  I copied Sketch # 58 from fellow blogger Liz Childester.  Check her blog out here.  She comes up with the best sketches for scrapbooking. 

Nerf tag2010 Liz#58 flat

The digital kit was Lucky Ducky by Miss Mint.  It was the March kit over at Scrappers Guide.  If you are interested in digital scrapbooking this site is a gold mine.  Linda Satgast offers lots of Photoshop tutorials and tips. 

 

On another note…

Our car was broken into at Miranda’s soccer game on Saturday afternoon.  They busted the passenger window and grabbed my purse.  (I know, I know… I should have never left my purse in the car)  It has been a pain canceling everything.  Mostly it is so sad to see how afraid my kids were.  In time we can replace everything that was taken but it is such a violation.  I worry because they got my checkbook which has our address printed on them.  Now I am looking at the cars that drive by my house wondering… is that them?  are they back for more?  They really didn’t get much.  Well, ok they got 2 iPods that I forgot were in my purse and my pocket camera that hasn’t been working very well.  But other than that got our Kaiser cards, (they are more then welcome to use the cards, we have a crazy high deductable & out of pocked maximum), Gracie’s pacemaker card, some business cards, a bunch of punch cards that I always forget to use.  Our season passes to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom were in there but I called the park today and it seems they can void the cards and as long as we have a police report (which we do) they will issue us new cards.  The worst thing was the checkbook but the bank closed the account right away and gave us a new one.  It’s a hassle but at least they didn’t get anything. 

Boy, 2010 is just not our year…

PS~ I was going to participate in Ali Edwards “Week in the life” but I just never got my act together on it and planned to start it this week.  I got a few photos this morning but then didn’t want to lug the big SLR around and gave up.  I hope a pocket camera is near the top of the list for things to replace.

I will be back soon to post pics of Miranda’s soccer game and of the Scrapbook Layouts I did at Scraptacular Getaways.

6 comments:

Victoria Nelson said...

hey friend,
im so sorry about the break in.
will be praying that the cops find them so you dont have to worry if
they're still out there.
much love,
victoria
p.s. would love to come to miranda's game when she's here. just tell me when and where!

Mama Kat said...

OH, suck!!! So sorry about the car thing. Same thing happened to me when I was younger, still remember that day vivedly. Sad. Whats the dates again you are comming down here?

Liz Chidester said...

Love your LO Jackie and you did awesome with that digi template that you emailed me! You've got some mad Photoshop skillz! ;)

Diana D said...

that sucks! hope the cops can get something solid to go on. Just be sure to keep the house locked up-
hugs, d-

Diana D said...

BTW
LOVE, LOVE your digi layout!!

Anne Alley said...

I'm so sorry about the car, I hope you, Dave and the kids are hanging in there. You're welcome to my ancient Nano, it works great, just haven't used it in awhile.

MY LIFE... It's a little messy, a little crafty and it's all good.