Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stacy Julian's Sprinkle No. 13

This is my first post of 2010. Yes I know it's late! We have had a lot going on here in the Truhe household so far this year and I haven't really felt like blogging.


I wanted to do a 2009 year in review and even started doing it but I was spending too much time choosing photos and it just felt like it was getting out of control. Then came across Stacy Julian's Sprinkles. Sprinkle 13 to be exact. I copied it from her site...

Your *sprinkle* this week is to select and share 12 favorite photos from the past year. To make this an exercise in intuitive creativity, you are NOT going to make this task hard. For example, you won’t make yourself pick one photo from each of the last 12 months–even though that seems like a good idea. You won’t play even-Steven and make sure all the people you love are represented in your collection. You won’t attempt to force a theme or look for a specific kind of photo. What you will do is use your kitchen timer and follow these six steps:

1.Create a “2009 Favorites” folder on your computer.
2.Open up your digital photo library.
3.Set your timer for 12 minutes and hit start.
4.Scroll quickly through your photos until an image catches your eye.
5.Stop and save this image to your folder.
6.Continue selecting and saving until your timer beeps.

Now, think of a way to share them. You could …

1.Email them to your extended family.
2.Print them and display them on the fridge or back door.
3.Post them to your blog or Facebook.
4.Put them together on a scrapbook page.
5.Use them to create a 2010 calendar.

Sounds like fun! Anyone else want to do it?
My photos are not quite as interesting as Stacy's but here they are...











For more SPRINKLES check out Stacy's website at http://www.stacyjulian.com/

4 comments:

Diana D said...

I wanted to do that too- thanks for the idea

Mama Kat said...

wow, what a cute idea! You are sooo crafty with your photos...me, not so much! Plus I got a new computer, so to scroll thru my pictures it might take me 12 minutes just to find them!! Cute photos though, I love the cherries one. I have always wanted to go cherry picking, but havn't..maybe you have inspired me to look when we can here!

Veronica said...

Great pics! Here's to an even more fun 2010!!

Liz Chidester said...

Looks like is was a great year!

MY LIFE... It's a little messy, a little crafty and it's all good.