February 18, 2009
Gracie's first day at Lynn center, originally uploaded by truhefamily.
This was Gracie's first day of school at the Lynn Center. She was having so much fun helping me pack up her Dora backpack with some diapers and a change of clothes. Then together we fixed her lunch and packed that into her Hello Kitty lunch box. She was SO excited!
...Until we got there. We were a few minutes early so I went through the Starbucks drive thru, got a coffee for me and a apple fritter for the two of us to share. After I parked the car in the Lynn Center parking lot, I handed her a piece of the apple fritter (her favorite snack) she took it, looked at it, then handed it right back to me. I thought it was odd. As soon as I turned away from her to gather up her stuff I heard that sound no parent wants to hear in the car! Yes, it was that lovely sound of projectile vomit! UGHHH! Well, I guess it was a good thing that we had to pack that extra outfit. I got her all cleaned up, changed her clothes, cleaned up her car seat and put her back in it. I told her that we would try again tomorrow. That's when she began to cry. She never cried while she was throwing up it was only when she realized she was not going to go to school. I'm not sure why she threw up. She didn't seem sick, and did not feel like she had a fever. The Lynn Center is about a 20-30 minute drive (in traffic) from our house. I was thinking that she was probably a little car sick from the drive or maybe just nervous about school. I decided to go ahead and take her in. I thought they might not let her stay but thought at least she could go in and feel like she was there, then the next day might not be so bad. The teachers agreed that it didn't seem like she was sick so they let her stay.
I stayed with her for a few minutes but then just had to leave. I could hear her crying as I was leaving. I even stood out in the hall way for a minute or two and she was wailing. I figured they would call me if they couldn't get her to calm down so I just left. I ran into her physical therapist Massa out in the parking lot. She said she would call me after Gracie's session to give me an update as to how she was adjusting.
When I got home I really didn't know what to do with myself, Adam wouldn't need to be picked up from pre-school for another two hours, it was a really weird feeling. I just cleaned out the closet in Coco & Gracie's room. FUN FUN FUN. I got the call from Massa and she said Gracie was adjusting really well for her first day. That made me feel much better. The next thing I knew it was time to get Adam. He and I had lunch together, then were off to pick up Miranda and Coco from school. (Wednesday's are early days) They get out at 1:00. After getting them we had to hurry and get to the Lynn Center (in Pittsburgh) by 1:30! We got there right at 1:30. Miranda said she felt car sick when we got there. Must run in the family!
Gracie was so excited to see us! She was crying, but I think it was just because she was overwhelmed. She was fine for the drive home. I thought she was sleep the rest of the afternoon but it was the opposite. She had so much energy! She was so happy the rest of the day. She went to bed at her usual time but she slept in her portable crib the whole night! She didn't come into our bed once! She went back for the rest of the week but caught a cold the following Wednesday and was sick for the rest of the week. I took her the next week and she seemed fine but the teacher told me that Gracie was coughing all over the other kids and that maybe I should keep her home. I thought that was weired because she didn't cough at all the day before or the rest of that day but I kept her home on Thursday anyway. Then we were going to take her on Friday morning but she woke up with a cough again. UGHHH! oh and after being sick she was back in our bed again! UGHHH! I can't wait for summer!
The girls booth received awards at school on Friday. Miranda was chosen to receive the "Character Counts" Award for Caring, She also received a certificate for having perfect attendance for the whole year and another award for making the principals honor roll. She got one B+ and the rest were A's. WAY TO GO GOOSIE! Colette was also chosen to receive the "Character Counts" award for Caring and she got a tag for perfect attendance for the month but she had missed a day during the trimester so she didn't get the certificate. Second graders do not get letter grades and are not eligible to make the honor roll but Coco's report card was PERFECT! WAY TO GO COCO!
My computer crashed on Friday =( of course I have not backed up all of my files in a really long time! Big Dummy! Luckily I had uploaded all of my photos to flickr. In order to post them to the blog, you have to post them one per post. If anyone know how to post more than one at a time please let me know. Best Buy will have my computer for the next 2 weeks. They said I need a whole new hard drive. The good news is that my computer will be like a brand new computer when I get it back. The bad new is that everything will be gone! They think they can pull my files off of the old computer but it's going to cost me $100.
Miranda was in the school play (about a week ago) the pics are still on my camera. I will post all about it when I get my computer back.
We hope you are all doing well.
Love and Blessings,
Dave, Jackie and the kids


1 comment:
Hi...
My name is drea. You left a comment on my blog leaving a link to your daughter's page.
thankyou..
if you don't mind I will add it to the heart friends..
Drea ( heart mom to Hunter. )
Post a Comment