Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Top 10 Moments at CHA

CHA OR BUST…. We are about to head out of town for a few days of crafty bliss at CHA!  Whoo Hoo!
DSCF0165 Art Inspired Studios owners Patti and Diana with DT members Denell, Tina, Me and Robyn (Kelly, Amanda and Nidia are flying and meeting us down there)
Here are my top 10 moments of CHA 2011  (in no particular order)

TEN:
Hanging out and having fun with my Design Team pals =)
 DSCF0214 Me, Denell and Tina having lunch at ESPN Zone
DSCF0242Robin, Denell, Tina, Amanda, Kelly & Me at Teresa Collins Booth
DSCF0194
Kelly and I at Jenni Bowlin’s Booth. 
DSCF0219
Kelly, Ricardo and the Guy from October Afternoon :)
DSCF0284Tina, Me, Robin, & Denell having Cocktails our last night at CHA

NINE:
Being at the right place at the right time… Tina and just happened to be passing by House of Three booth just as a Make & Take class was about to start.  The class was invitation only but if there were any “no shows” the empty seats were first come first serve.  It was just lucky there were two seats and Tina and I were the only two standing there =)
DSCF0273 DSCF0330
 EIGHT:
The Maya Road Booth
DSCF0228
I just thought this booth was so cute!  I love their new Jumbo Bottle caps!  I hope the ladies at AIS ordered some.  I can’t wait to get some and play!
SEVEN:
DSCF0274 DSCF0275 
Another super cute booth.  I am excited to get my hands on some of the new products.  The Brag Book was really cool.  A spiral bound notebook with 80 pages including 50 journal pages 15 (2-up) photo sleeve pages and 15 pocket pages.  you have to get this album!  They have also added chipboard banners and filter flowers to there line.  Really cute!
SIX:
Meeting Claudine Hellmuth. 
DSCF0259
She was so sweet and does beautiful collage work.  She has a cute line of products you can check out at her website
And
This Guy…
DSCF0268
FIVE:
DSCF0260 DSCF0261 DSCF0263 DSCF0264 DSCF0265
Love the booth my photos don’t do it justice. 
DSCF0331
did this cute little make & take

FOUR:
Taking Classes
Here are some pics from the Little Yellow Bicycle class I took.
DSCF0186
Tina and I with LYB Design Team member Greta.  Who designed the projects we made in class.  She is so talented.
DSCF0309 DSCF0312
Layout using the Elizabeth Park line
DSCF0296 DSCF0297 DSCF0304
Notebook with a small book inside using the Twig line. 

THREE:
Meeting Cynthia Sandoval from Doodlebug designs. 
DSCF0221
This lady is just too cute for words!  Love her!  I did a little research on her and learned that she draws all of the design for her company!  How cool is that.   Not to mention she really hooked me up!  (Read on.. You’ll see) and be sure to check out doodlebug designs here to see their new stuff.  Super cute!
TWO:
Meeting
She is just the sweetest thing!  She saw the album I made to document my trip to CHA and asked to look through it.  I was a little embarrassed because it wasn’t finished but she said she loves it.  (well, what else would she say… She is so sweet)  I used all papers from her Dear Lizzy line.  She posed for a photo with me and signed my album.  Um, did I mention that she is super sweet?
DSCF0243
and


She is also super sweet!  I just love her products and was so happy to discover that she is just as sweet in person that I thought she would be.  She was also kind enough to pose for a photo and sign my book.
and now…


MY #ONE MOMENT AT
Winter CHA 2011
MEETING
THE ONE AND ONLY
STACY JULIAN!
DSCF0258
Take it from me.  This lady is the frosting on the cupcake!  I just love her. She was the founding editor of Simple Scrapbooks, she founded Big Picture Scrapbooking now Big Picture Classes and is the author of Stacy Julian blog.  She has such a fresh colorful outlook on life and is so inspiring! 
I have two of her books.  Last year at CHA my friends Diana and Patti borrowed my books to read on the airplane and had the idea to try to find Stacy and ask her to sign my books to surprise me.  My understanding is that tracking her down became comical.  Every time time they asked about her they got the reply “she just left” or “ she went that way”  
This year was my first opportunity to attend CHA and I heard Stacy was there so I kept checking FB to see if I was ever anywhere near where she was.  (yes, I guess you could say I was stalking her.) Anyway my stalking led me to the Doodlebug Designs booth where I met Cynthia Sandoval.  Who happens to be friends with Stacy Julian.  I guess she felt I was a friendly stalker and told Stacy about me… Guess What???? The next day I got a call from Stacy on my cell phone asking me to come back to the booth and meet her.  WoW!  So of course I dropped what I was doing and rushed over.  I felt like an eleven year old girl about to meet Justin Bieber!  LOL
Stacy was so kind.  She chatted with me, signed my book, took some photos with me and even invited me to play in the doodlebug photo booth!  You can get to know Stacy at her blog
Stacy, if you ever see this… Thank you for the great memories of my first CHA!
So there you go, The Top 10 Moments of my first CHA! 
Looking forward to next year :)
scan0001

5 comments:

Dees Designs said...

Wow your blog is amazing loved reading all the fun stuff that was at cha.

Sandy Ang said...

It's such fun reading about your top 10 moments at CHA. So glad it was so wonderful for you !

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for coming to the Best Creation blog hop and being so kind about my quilled flowers.
You asked about the dies. If you email me angsandy@yahoo.com.sg, I'll tell you all about them.

Gina Lideros said...

great photos Jackie, looks like you girls had a great time!

LollyChops said...

What a fun time you girls had! I loved reading your recap!

More HUGS!!

MY LIFE... It's a little messy, a little crafty and it's all good.