Thursday, September 16, 2010

Family Update—a very long post

I noticed that it has been quite some time since I have updated about the family.   So here is our summer wrapped up in one post.

I think the last thing I wrote about was the last weeks at school for the kids.  It was a little sad for me this year because Miranda is done with Garin Elementary.  She got to participate in the annual 5th grade kick ball game with the teachers (the teachers won… AGAIN), the 5th grade BBQ and also a 5th grade party that some of the parents put together.  It was a lot of fun for her but sad for me.  I can’t believe my baby is a middle schooler.    Here are some photos of her last days at Garin.

Coco and AJ enjoyed their last days of school as well.  They won a date with their principal to the yogurt shop at the school carnival.  They had a great time. 

DSC04452 (2)

After school on the last day we headed down south for some summer fun.  Our first stop was Legoland in San Diego, then the San Diego Wild Animal Park.  Then we had to stop at the Mouse House and spend some time with the big Cheese. :)  That is always fun!  We met up with my long lost friend Val and had dinner at Down Town Disney.  Our friends the Bailey’s joined us as well as my fellow soccer mom Rhonda and her daughter Kylie.  It was Ky’s first time to Disneyland.  It was a long drive both ways.  High altitudes are very dangerous for Grace because of her heart condition, yes even the Grapevine is too high for her, so we have to take the coast.  Whoever said it is nice and relaxing to take the coast has never done it in a van with four kids.  LOL On the ride home Grace was driving Miranda crazy saying “sissy, what’s your name” over and over and over, it must have gone on for hours.  Miranda was ready to jump out of the window.

Grace just loves the Small World ride.  This is AJ during our third time on the ride… LOL not his cup of tea

Vacation day5 (36)

I wish I would have taken more photos on this trip.  I didn’t get any pics of my friends Chaundra, Val or Rhonda.  :(  Well, I guess that means we will all have to go back for mine and AJ’s birthdays :)

The last day of vacation we let the kids hang out at the hotel pool for a while before packing up the car and heading home.  We stopped at the Madonna Inn on the was home, I just love that place.  One day I will stay there in one of the theme rooms.  The kids we not nearly as impressed with the place as I was at their age.   Oh well, I guess they won’t be staying there with me someday.

It was a great vacation but we were all really exhausted when we got home.  No time for rest though… It was off to the Theatre!  Grace and AJ had their dress rehearsals the morning after we got home.  The day after that was the performance then the day after that was soccer!  Geez, we needed a vacation from our vacation. 

I am sorry that there are not more pics of AJ.  He was just NOT into the whole thing and down right refused to let us take his picture.  needless to say he did NOT sign up for Hip Hop again this year. 

So other than some soccer tournaments we pretty much laid low for the rest of the summer. 

Miranda turned 11 the first week of school so we let her take a few friends out for some fun the week before school started.  I forgot my camera (I know, I know) so the only pics I have of this are on my phone so if I ever figure out how to get them from the phone to the computer I will post them.  They are on FB so you can see them there.

BACK TO SCHOOL

Megan, Miranda and Bryan heading to Middle School orientation.  I still can’t believe they are in Middle School

064 065

Kindergarten and 1st grade are the only grade that still get to have a “Sneak A Peak” It’s too bad because the kids really love that.  This is AJ with his new teacher Ms. Newton

081

The kids heading off to the first day of school.

086 087

Miranda and Megan have gotten their picture together on the first day of school every year since Kindergarten!  I will locate all of them and post soon.

090 

GO GIANTS!  GO BUSTER POSEY!

Every year Gracie’s cardiologist takes all of his patients to a Giants game.  This was the first year we were able to go.  I was worried because it happened to be just a few days after school started but Dave’s saved the day… again :)  We had so much fun.  Grace and I got to go on the field and we met Will Clark.  We go to see Buster Posey up close but didn’t get to meet him.  Grace now LOVES to watch the Giants play on TV and Buster Posey is her favorite player.  She always asks if we can go back “to that place with Buster Posey”   She even talks about him in her sleep. 

 

091 

Grace’s first ride on BART

100

Dr. Cooper and Grace

101

Nurse Ann, Nancy (Echo tech) Grace and Dr. Cooper

105

Dr. Cooper, Grace and me

109

Grace going up the stairs that lead to the field/dugout

116

Us on the field. ( Lincecum is on field behind us)

117

Gary Radnich and Gracie

122

Buster Posey

123

Grace trying to get one last peek at Buster Posey

134

Meeting Will Clark

136

Daddy and Grace watching the game.

 

Well, that’s it.  All up to date. 

Sorry for the LONG post!  I hope we didn’t bore you too much.

Blessings,

Jackie

2 comments:

Victoria Nelson said...

This was sooo great to read up on everyone and see how much fun you guys have been having!

The girls are getting more and more beautiful each year, which I didnt know was possible. And AJ is looking like quite the little gentleman =)
We know how crazy life can get which makes it hard to meet up, but just know we think about you often.
xo,
the Nelsons

Mama Kat said...

WOW! thats a lot! So next time you come down, you have to let us know!
Kathie

MY LIFE... It's a little messy, a little crafty and it's all good.