So, there I was minding my own business, studying the back of my eyelids at 6am when Gracie wakes up next to me with "mommy, not... nakin please" (which, using the Gracie-to-English translation 'not' = snot and 'nakin' = napkin/kleenex). I turn on the light expecting to she some yucky snot dripping down her face only to find her entire face, hands and pillowcase covered with blood! The whole mom/adrenaline thing kicks in... spontaneously awake and assessing the situation...Okay, so it turned out to be just a bloody nose, but let me tell ya, not a pretty sight first thing in the morning! I got her cleaned up when she decides to sneeze. I fully expected the CSI guys to show up investigating a homicide in my bed! So, I get her all cleaned up, once again, and we head down stairs to start our day...
I remember that Miranda has band before school on Monday mornings so, while leaving Grace on the couch watching Micky Mouse Clubhouse, I run back upstairs to wake her up... I hear a scream and run back downstairs to find the bloody nose has started up again! Being the compassionate mother that I am, my first thought was not for Grace and her nose... My first true thought was "Damn! another pair of jammies ruined". Note to self - next time the kid has a bloody nose wait at least two days before changing clothes!" I get her all cleaned up, again, and this time I just leave her naked. Hmmm to take her to school or not... That is the question...
About an hour later, as Miranda is leaving for band, the bloody nose starts up again! Okay, its not a question anymore, she is staying home. Now I'm thinking do all bloody noses bleed this much or is this because she takes blood-thinners??? This is on again off again bloody nose is crazy!
Bloody noses are finally done and I've got the two oldest out the door to school; Aj is hanging out with my dad who is visiting; its not even 8am and I think I will rest for a minute (or a thousand).
One minute turns into to sixty and we're now late getting A.J. to school! YIKES!!!! "A.J. time to go, get in the car" Quickly we're in the car. Look to the right, look to the left, look to the right again. All clear, back up, keep an eye on the road, and.... CRUNCH! If I would have looked directly behind me I might have seen the HUGE flatbed semi truck parked (in front of the fire hydrant)... now partly parked in the back of my minivan! A.J.'s crying, there's glass everywhere and we are still late for school. UGHHHH!
What a great start to the week... Did I mention that I HATE MONDAYS!
7 years ago

3 comments:
poor...poor...Jackie! What an awful day! But thanks for the distraction...you made me cringe and laugh...anything to get us out of the "hospital mind"! Hope you can get your car fixed-it looked new to me! You deserve margaritas for the next week (or I mean month!)
oh, WOW! you had quite the Monday!!! I hope everything has calmed down a little!
Oh Jackie! That sucks!! I hope the rest of the improved
Post a Comment